Monday, December 20, 2010

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Pages: 358 pages
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published on: January 25th 2011
Source: Purchased in Fully Booked
Buy the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.
(Summary from Goodreads)

Review:

Julie Kagawa's books keep getting more and more complex and intense as they progress and go on. That's something about her writing that I love so much, the fact that it changes and gets better every book. The Iron Queen shows us an even more dramatic and emotional side to The Iron Fey series. It will nurture your heart and then crush with a sledgehammer. The number of times I cried in this book bellies the number of times I cried in Hachiko. Yeah...

What I really loved about The Iron Queen is that Meghan really grew as a person. She wasn't the naive halfling that practically everyone despised or the lovesick human who was in love with the Ice Prince. No, she evolved into a strong and competent woman full of passion and loyalty. It's great to see the progress that happened as the books went by.

I also really loved Ash and Meghan's relationship here. Their love for each other was genuine and it really helped them survive the war. I loved how they depended on each other and their love really was proved in this book. Julie Kagawa was able to solidify them into a real couple who might never see each other again. Their pain and desperation evident in every page.

The Iron Queen is a rollercoaster ride of emotions that will remind you, if you've forgotten, how amazing Julie Kagawa's world is. My heart did not slow down at any point of this book, any faster and I may actually have died. I loved every single moment of reading The Iron Queen and I'm sure you will too.

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I don't usually like sad endings. I've absolutely adored The Iron Fey series so far but I have to admit, really sad endings do make me cry. I'm a bit wary now! Thanks for the warning in your review, I shall be more prepared now for when I finally get to read The Iron Queen. And...Team Ash, of course!

    ReplyDelete