Friday, November 9, 2012

Feature and Follow (14)

Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! :)

This week's question:

Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?


A: I don't really mind reading books with similar plots with other books but I hate it when a book is too reminiscent of another book, even if it may be better written people still need to be more original. But sometimes, I can't help but love those doppleganger-like books anyway.

Leave a comment with your FF post link and we'll check it out! :)
We follow back.


9 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Just hopping by! I agree with your answer above.
    New follower via GFC :)
    My F&F: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel! I don't mind some similarities like vampires saving the world, but I don't want to read Author B's version of Author A's book.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really mind either as long as each book has a unique voice.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I agree with you. A book can be similar or inspired by another one but can't be too similar.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your answer.

    new follower. My FF:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hopping through from Parajunkee's FF :) I love your blog, I love love love the quote you have in the background, its always been one of my favorites. So I totally agree with you on the copycats. I claim that copycats drive me crazy, but I am guilty of reading them sometimes :) Anyway I'm your newest follower!

    -Kate the Book Buff
    Recent Post: Feature and Follow: Whaddya Think of Bookish Copycats and Fanfic?

    ReplyDelete