Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

Waiting on Wednesday/s are hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine in which you choose a book or books that you're excited and waiting for.
This week's Waiting on Wednesday book is:
Title: Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Publication date: February 5th 2012
Pre-order the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.
(Summary from Goodreads)

Why I'm excited for this:
First off, I freaking loved Cinder! (My review HERE.) The Lunar Chronicles is one of the freshest and most unique books you'll ever hear of and you'll need to read these books! I cannot wait to read more about Cinder and her adventures and meet new characters too! Scarlet sounds like such a fun character and I really can't wait to read about her. Oh, and more Kai time please!

Leave a comment with your WoW link and we'll check it out! :)

8 comments:

  1. Awesome pick. I love Cinder and I can't wait for this book to come out. :D

    -Dannielle
    http://www.bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Scarlet. I finished Cinder last week and fell completely in love with it! I'm curious what Marissa Meyer will make of Little Red Riding Hood!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to read Cinder but I heard good things about it. I would definitely read it before Scarlet comes out in Feb 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! I still need to read Cinder as well, but I picked it out as a contest win awhile ago. May have to contact blogger person to see if they ordered it yet...hate doing that though...

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to be so mean, but Scarlet is amazing. Possibly even better than Cinder. It was different than I expected, but that just made it even better. Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Cinder ASAP!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YEEESS im for sure waiting on scarlet!!! loved Cinder! I entered Meyers pumpkin contest recently to win an ARC of Cinder.. crossing my fingers for that one! great post! Check Out my WoW Katie @ INkk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Cinder too. I planed to make it my WOW too, when I accidentally found out that there will be a novella (part of Lunar Chronicles) released this month, so I changed my mind... :)

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete