Sunday, October 25, 2015

Something Strange & Deadly Read-along: Discussion One

Hi all!

So I am currently participating in a read-along for Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard and literally having all the fun! I have no idea why it took me so long to start reading SS&D but hey, better late than never, right? As part of the read-along, Stephanie from In Wonderland aka the hostess extraordinaire of the read-along made a few discussion questions and I'm here to answer a few of them.

How do you think you would react to the Dead walking around in your city?

There is a 99.999% chance that I'd pee myself/faint/whimper/get lost or all of the above... at the same time. I really wouldn't know what to do even though the Dead aren't really too zombie-ish, there's still terrifying about the fact that they're quite unpredictable. I'd probably also start assembling my own The Walking Dead team to protect me in case something insane happens, like, Idk the Dead apocalypse or something. (Yes, my team would totally have Eleanor and Daniel in it, just so I could watch them throw each other down. Lol.)

What do you think about the Dead? Are you glad it isn't too zombie-ish, or were you hoping for a more zombie-esque theme?

Nothing beats a shambling, decaying, flesh-eating zombie but Susan Dennard's Dead is like a more sophisticated version of them. (Who knew historical zombies would be something I needed in my life? Thanks, Sooz!) The thing with the dead is that there's a sentience to them that gives them an extra oomph that your average zombies don't have. I'd still want to stay away from them. Like maybe put a continent distance between us. *backs away slowly*

Well, that was fun! If you guys want to join the read-along, feel free to check out Steph's read-along post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment